- Natural Mosquito Repellent: Rub Vick's Vaporub® on your pants and legs to ward off mosquitoes.
- Before you wear a new garment, put a little clear nail polish on the front and back of each button. Buttons will stay on longer when their threads are sealed.
- Zippers won't stick if you rub them with the edge of a bar of soap or candle.
- To remove pesky bottle tops and jar lids, don a pair of rubber gloves or rap a thick rubber band around the lid, then twist to open. Works like a charm.
- Have you ever peeled garlic or handled it and your hands get smelly. The next time that happens, take any stainless steel bowl, pan or other stainless steel kitchen gadget and rub your hands on it. It will take away the smell of garlic.
- If the clothes get stained with ink, smear the spot with cooked rice and rub it for a while. You can then wash your cloth to remove the ink stain completely.
- To sharpen scissors,stack three aluminum foil together and then cut them with the scissors. You will see surprising result.
- Soothe a stinging burn from insects by applying toothpaste. It temporarily relieves the sting and prevents the wound from weeping or opening.
- Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.
- When you get a splinter, reach for the scotch tape/cellotape before resorting to tweezers or a needle. Simply put the scotch tape/cellotape over the splinter, and then pull it off. Scotch tape removes most splinters painlessly and easily.
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Useful Tips and Tricks
I thought it would be worthwhile to share some of the useful tips which i compiled from different sources. Kindly experiment it at your own will and risk.